PRAISE YAHWEH WITH INCENSE AT DAWN
A priestly commission for Culdees for the Celtic Rite of Incense. THIS WRITING IS ALSO A SUPLEMENT TO THE REGIONAL CULDEE CHOIR RINGS
Mal 1:11 “For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto My name, and a pure offering: for My name shall be great among the heathen, saith YAHWEH of hosts.”
For His Royal Priesthood to obey His commandment to burn incense at morning and evening while praising His name. This is commissioned by YAHWEH, as demonstrated in the Scriptures to be best done at strategic “high places” and at strategic times. Historical evidence demonstrates that the New Testament church continued this practice worldwide.
AT MORNING AND EVENING, INCENSE WAS BURNED AT THE ALTAR OF INCENSE, WHICH IS THE CLOSEST PIECE OF FURNITURE TO THE HOLY OF HOLIES.
For our choirs to be informed and have the information ready on hand. We aim to grow choirs locally in addition to our global choir ring. Our making a joyful noise resounding in perfect love will forcefully cast out all evil spirits of fear. Equipping saints to form the choirs of twelve as the Celtic church has done throughout the ages in spiritual warfare. For regulating systemizing a choir in Scriptural choruses, petitions and prayers of His covenantal word for the covenant people of God to have His governance operating more in the earth, as it is in heaven. Once at least four choir members are gathered they are encouraged to sing at ancient high places, as David did.
This is part of the coming Kingdom age of YAHWEH, where there will be Davidic worship totally restored within that church that is to be without spot or wrinkle. (note: This isn’t burning the actual type of incense that the Aaronic priests burned, but it is at least using frankincense that was used in the surrounding national covenantal worship of our God.)
1. Scriptural background on “Hour of Incense”
2. Three places and three heavens
3. Miracles during the “Hour of Incense”
4. Positive verses on burning incense at high places
5. High places that are below sea level, and where churches are built, etc.
6. Being a Morning Star in Yahshua
7. Global Choir Ring (Culdee Choir)
8. First Century Founders of our Celtic(Hebrew Choir)
Scriptural background on “Hour of Incense”
Luke 1:10 “And the whole multitude of the people were praying without at the time of incense.”
Numerous scriptures say it was a good thing they burned incense at the high places before they had a temple, and even to light the incense everywhere at (the hour of incense) dawn, to make special praises to His name at this time. That aspect is outlined more in the following sections.
David and those who were like Him, would light incense at all the ancient high places (2 Chronicles 26:18). However, this section is more on the uniform national practice of incense at the tabernacle. There was a special type of incense offered at the Tabernacle by Levites descended of the house of Aaron. They were the only ones who could enter the tabernacle without being slain by YAHWEH or another Levite. They were chosen to light a special type of incense within the Holy Place “at morning and evening”. They would cast lots on who would get their turn to burn it (see Luke 1:9).
MORNING AND EVENING
Morning is accepted to be when you can still see three stars, including the “bright morning star”, Venus(or North Star). Also evening is accepted to be the time when you can see the first three stars, as the sun is setting. At that time the “daystar, or evening star” (Venus or the North star) is visible.
The whole camp of Levites would pray before and after these periods in what is know as “the hour of prayer”, which were great services before the “morning and evening sacrifices” where all Israelites would confess their sins over the animals to be sacrificed in their place. They would blow special silver trumpets there with the whole nation gathered together in prayer at morning(dawn) and at evening. Some Scriptures call this time “the rising of the sun”, others call it “the morning”.
Yahshua is now the “High Priest” who is in the Holy of Holies, and has torn the veil that was between the “Holy Place” and the “Holy of Holies” for His priests to have access twenty four hours a day. The Morning and Evening incense was not burned inside the Holy of Holies, but on the other side of the veil, only by Aaronic descended Levites in the Holy Place.
This does not mean the other realms aren’t still fiercely guarded. There is still war in the heavens.
THREE PLACES AND THREE HEAVENS
The three places “Outter Court, Inner Court, and Holy of Holies” still exist, as YAHWEH commanded Moses build them as a “pattern of things in the heavens” preceded the building of it, and was only to teach us to align in the Spirit. Our bodies are now the tabernacles of the Holy Spirit, and when we sanctify all three parts of our being , Spirit, and Soul and Body (1Thes 5:23 “sanctify your spirit, AND your soul, AND your body” three in one.) then we are operating in the image of God how He made us to be operating in harmony, as YAHWEH operates in harmony in Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. But this is a major subject, so much it says we will be transformed by the renewing of our minds in the knowledge of the image of God (Col 3:10), and that the warfare is against every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God (2 Cor 10:5).
Paul talks about consciously leaving his body and going to the third heaven, even up into paradise. Normally our body restricts us to only seeing things “through a glass darkly” in the realms of the physical, but one day we will see “face to face”, “unveiled”, seeing with our true eyes of the spirit.
2nd AND 3rd HEAVENS STILL SEPARATE
We who still have physical bodies will indeed be attacked by the beings and entities not only in the physical realm, but also in the realm of the mind, the 2nd heaven. When the veil was broken by Christ between the 2nd and 3rd heavens that doesn’t automatically mean there are no more 1st heaven, and neither does it mean that all the heavens were rolled together like a scroll YET! (Read Isaiah 3:4). The veil which just because it was torn, doesn’t mean our body nor our mind will always be on the other side of it! On the contrary, most people’s minds are many levels below it, not just one or two levels. Some are even deceived into other lower heavens as outline in the book of Enoch. Only 1/3 of our being known as our Spirit is on the other side of the veil permanently in the Holy of Holies in Christ, seated with Him in heavenly places. The body and the mind are very much outside the Holy of Holies, but the mind has the ability to go into the Spirit. If the mind is walking in the Spirit it is possible also the body can be lifted into lower realms within the 2nd heaven. Yes the book of Elijah talks about 7 heavens within the 2nd heaven, as well as 7 heavens within the 3rd heaven (realm of the Holy of Holies). Satanic / Demonic realms are in the 2nd heaven. Only those of us bought by the blood of the Lamb can bring our minds into obedience with the eternal law/word of YAHWEH and ascend into these Holy places. Those who are redeemed by the blood can enter, and at those moments our full attidue is loving His law, rather than “falling short” in sin transgressions. His law will first be written on our heart, so it is our passion and desire. The law is our basis, not an accident that might happen on a path where we choose to remain in sin.(Roman 7 “His law is Spiritual, but we are carnal sold under sin.”) For those of us born from above, our spirit is always in the Holies of Holies. We can become separated from our spirit when we become less led by the Spirit. The Scripture even talks about the Holy Spirit will lift off of us, as David prayed “cast me not away from Thy presence YAHWEH, and take not thy Holy Spirit from me”, and Paul prayed that he also become severed or “cast away” from the Holy Spirit. Yahshua said the Spirit is “upon Him”. Now the Holy Spirit can not only come “upon” us and lives, but also live in our bodies. However, that doesn’t always He will remain there! It’s a daily choice and must be cultivated each morning. We must walk in the Spirit, and “put on the Spirit , the new man”, like a garment, which is talking now about our own Spirit body in Him. It says we put on garments of righteousness (law keeping) that we do not be found naked in sins/unrighteousness and bring a shame. Only with using our own spirit can we open up the wings to ascend, but this also takes the wings of our 2nd heaven body, our soul-mind to think Biblically, and “let the mind of Christ be in you.”
It is a daily struggle we’re told where your mind of the flesh wars against your mind of the spirit. Not only inside of ourselves and our own flesh, but it says we also wrestle against other spiritual powers, principalities and the rulers of the darkness of this world, and spiritual wickedness in high places. We must put it in correct order, just as Christ said “I only do what my Father has given me to do” we must say nothing, and believe nothing in our attitudes (2nd heaven) unless it is from our spirit. Then in our 1st heaven bodies we will have dominion on earth as His will is being done through righteous living. The Holy Spirit then helps our bodies in this realm, just as Jesus said He would send the Comforter, the Helper, in this physical realm. Just as Jesus said the Holy Spirit will not do anything accept praising the Son, so our bodies must do nothing but what is in righteous order from Biblical attitudes from the Spirit, that are in our soul, with right thinking. We become part of the image of YAHWEH God, as He prayed and we are to pray foremost to be one as He is one with Him. All three to be active in the now, the great I AM. The I AM being is the present tense operation of moving above or below, it’s a choice in the attitude toward His wonderful ancient laws which will not pass away even after the new heavens and new earth. He Who was, Who is, and Is to come, must have the present tense operational choice to ascend in His Scriptural laws for us in the now.
In the now we have a spiritual warfare first and foremost. The weapons of our warfare “cast down every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God”. To do this we must look how our forefathers did it successfully. This is what this writing is all about. Monestaries of twelve singing monks were setup all over the lands of the ancient Celtic church. Interceding and using our spiritual weaponry will cast down such evil spirits that are not physical. We be vigilant as He told us to “watch ye therefore, and pray always that we may be counted worthy to escape the things that shall come to pass…” (Luke 21:36).
Miracles During Hour of Incense
Miracles regularly occurred immediately before and after the two periods of the day known as the “hour of incense” or “time of incense” in Luke 1:9. This was also called “the hour of prayer”. Anyone who could not come to the temple had their own local services, which included “offering incense in every place” (Mal 1:11).
In Acts 3:1 we are told the story of the healing of the lame man at the Temple through the hands of St. Peter and St. John. It says they were on their way “to the Temple at the Hour of Prayer”.
In Acts 10:3 and 10:9 the New Testament Peter and Cornelius the Gentile made preparations to pray during “the hour of prayer” within their houses, and specifically Peter upon the rooftop. It says during these specific times they made special prayers were visited by Angels and had supernatural visions.
We are the ones “redeemed by the blood” in Revelation 5:8-9 who have vials full of “odours” which is the word for incense. (Strong’s # 2368)
“And when he had taken the book, the four beasts (people who are full of life, Zoe in Greek , Chai in Hebrew) and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.”
Positive verses on burning incense at high places
IMPORTANT: Underlined in italics are words that are absent from the original.
When Saul was anointed King over Israel , these very important “high places” are mentioned five times in a positive way from 1Samuel Chapter 9, verses 12-25.
Please read 1 Samuel 9:12-25.
Here five times we read “high places” are associated as an important part of the anointing. A place for crowning Kings, a place for His elect to assemble.
Most of the time in scripture “high places” are good and life strengthening places.
“He made him ride on the high places of the earth, that he might eat the increase of the fields; and he made him to suck honey out of the rock, and oil out of the flinty rock;”
Happy [art] thou, O Israel: who [is] like unto thee, O people saved by YAHWEH, the shield of thy help, and who [is] the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places. (note the underlined is not in the original)
1Sa 10:5 “After that thou shalt come to the hill of God, where [is] the garrison of the Philistines: and it shall come to pass, when thou art come thither to the city, that thou shalt meet a company of prophets coming down from the high place with a psaltery, and a tabret, and a pipe, and a harp, before them; and they shall prophesy:”
1Sa 10:13 “And when he had made an end of prophesying, he came to the high place.”
2Sa 22:34 “He maketh my feet like hinds’ [feet]: and setteth me upon my high places.”
1Ki 3:2 “Only the people sacrificed in high places, because there was no house built unto the name of YAHWEH, until those days.” (note the underlined is not in the original, it says THE NATION sacrificed in the high places in a POSITIVE TENSE)
1Ki 3:3 “And Solomon loved YAHWEH, walking in the statutes of David his father: only he sacrificed and burnt incense in high places.” (note the underlined is not in the original, it says he WALKED IN THE STATUTES David burning incense in the high places.)
1Ki 3:4 “And the king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there; for that [was] the great high place: a thousand burnt offerings did Solomon offer upon that altar.”
(This was at the important place where Solomon came and asked for the understanding and wisdom. Read the rest of the chapter for that important context with the great high place.)
High places that are below sea level, and where churches are built, etc.
Strong’s # 1116 is always referring to the spiritual high places. This doesn’t necessarily mean at a physical high place. The spiritual high places can also be below sea level.
This is demonstrated in the book of Job chapter 9 verse 8
Job 9:8 “…treadeth upon the waves of the sea.”
This says YAHWEH treads upon the “high places” #1116, mistranslated as “waves” of the sea.
Again it’s good to look at verses with Wigrams’ Englishman’s in print, or online via http://blueletterbible.org to see all the words in the original and their definitions. However, for this case we’re only quoting this part of the verse. In the beginning of this verse KJV added the words “which alone” before the words “treadeth upon the waves of the sea”. This again was added, as we know from a plethora of scriptures covered in the previous section that not only YAHWEH treads upon the high places. It is plain and unmistakable when you do a simple check with Englishman’s, Strong’s or BlueletterBible.
So we see, while many times “high places” are at higher elevation, elevation is not the rule governing it. This shows that even at sea, or below sea level there can contain these high places. Many are buried deep below. With our advanced maps, it has been discovered one such high place at sea is directly West from Iona Scotland. Many are off the coasts of Cornwall.
In ancient times they built the churches only on leyline hubs or high places of scalar electricity (also known historically as dragon lines). Many books and maps have been written showing how churches and even city headquarters or roads themselves were built in geographic rows on these leylines. One such maps of these Crystalline gravity grids span not only countries, but also are cross continental. These maps are readily available, and are recommended to be consulted when choosing a pray place to occupy. As it says David’s feet were made like hind’s feet as He did move from “high place to high place” and we who delight in His Sabbath will be caused to ride upon such high places.
Being a Morning Star in Yahshua
Psa 113:3 “From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same YAHWEH’s name is to be praised.”
Mal 1:11 “For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith YAHWEH of hosts.”
Isa 41:25 “I have raised up one from the north, and he shall come: from the rising of the sun shall he call upon my name: and he shall come upon princes as upon morter, and as the potter treadeth clay.”
Isa 59:19 “So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of YAHWEH shall lift up a standard against him.”
Day star, morning star, son of the morning are all referring to the same title of being a “judge” which can be claimed by who ever steps into the office at any given time.
The morning star is Yahshua, and we can also be morning stars.
2Pe 1:19 “ We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:”
Rev 2:25-28 “But that which ye have already hold fast till I come. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. And I will give him the morning star.”
Job 38:7 “When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?”
Who is the morning Star and the Bright Morning star? http://www.letusreason.org/Biblexp228.htm See Rev 22:16: Jesus(Yahshua) is called THE “bright morning star”: Bright morning star (lampros-1) shining a) brilliant proinos- pertaining to the morning. Gr.aster-a star.)
Malachi 4:2: “But to you who fear My name The Sun of Righteousness shall arise” This concept of “dawn” is applied to the Messiah.
Remember it says any time the great warriors conquered a greater enemy, that they first “rose up early in the morning” no doubt praising the name of YAHWEH like the first verses saying David would do, speaking His name etc.
You will dash nations like a potter’s vessel and fall upon kings like morter etc, when raising early to praise YAHWEH. As Yahshua said, where the body is the eagles will be gathered. (Luke 17:37) and we shall be as a thief in the night, though all these events happen in the day (two plowing, one taken etc).
1Th 5:2-4 2 “For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.”
1Th 5:5-9 5 “Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,”
Ya the Chinese think they got something cool always up for sunrise practicing their “chi kung” which they think will make them invincible, but they don’t have THE NAME. They say practice that for 20 years and you will get the chi power, but we can get it in one shot about a trillion times more than they have. Most will not be ready for when it hits them.
As our King of Kings had promised not only to share His many crowns but to share His throne with those of us who do not reject knowledge, and do indeed love and delight in His law He gave to Moses.
Global Choir Ring (Culdee Choir)
Eph 5:19 “Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to YAHWEH;”
LOVE and sharing love is not only commanded, it is something we do with all our heart, soul, mind and strength to YAHWEH above all! It says nothing about loving others without first loving yourself. If you do not really learn to love yourself, you cannot REALLY love your neighbor. We have to build up OUR SPIRIT with more singing and praising our King, what He has made us for! Pure love, pure patience, self control, etc!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can fit in an hour of your time singing per day (60% certain or tentatively). You can give a range of hours where you think one hour you can fit in. For many this can even be at work (and sing under your breath), please be somewhat conservative in your estimation. If unsure then please just send us the regional time of sunrise and sunset that you can at least offer some extra praise than you do for the rest of the day.
We can also forward you songs that are 90% scripture or more, very edifying. Like a global monestary we want to fit a real CHOIR of Culdees. Yes if you’re a friend of YAHWEH you’re a Culdee(you love His ten commandments etc etc). The Abbots should be Celtic nobility to claim such titles, as they all had in their pedigrees back to ancient Israel, ie Welsh and Irish. Overall we’re not worried about fancy titles, but you will be considered a Cleric Monk of the Culdee (like I am) to get on the list for the choir calendar.
Lets say daily around 11am it’s always perfect for you to sneak in a few hymns.. then send us that! and we will unite in battle hymns straight from the word. If there are always three hours on friday then tell us that too so we can fill in a week calendar (there will normally be redundant/backup singers for each hour).
As long as 90% of your songs are a type of Scripture chorus they’re welcomed in. Song books can be provided and we welcome the exchange.
Call more gatherings, even ADVERTISE the “CULDEE CHOIR” if you are ready to form up a regional choir. Gatherings of twelve are urged at high places for such fighting against “spiritual wickedness in high places”. We want to welcome many more into our systemized Celtic Choir that follows after the style of Saint Patrick and the ancient welsh (Celtic) church rite. This choir is a Monastic style duty that goes back to the Prophet Jeremiah’s school in Ireland (where now lays his dated grave).
Our Choir is a vital spiritual warfare for connecting with the covenants of Israel and bringing them out into experience in one accord with those singing the Scriptures in love, joy and peace. One of us can put 1,000 to flight two of us can put 10,000 to flight. There is a special covenant when two ask(or claim) anything in His name, that He will do it. He also said He is in our midst in a special way when two are gathered in His name. Our global choir claims geographic points as our bases to let the praises echo out from there to cover territories and connect with our other fellow Christian militant wherever they may be also engaged in our battles and victories in the Spirit.
It is something to do all day, but the calendar itself is something more for getting others aware and involved (not to be a distraction as it is presently under development).
Eph 5:19 “Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to YAHWEH;”
It is 24/7 but some of us have to sleep.
Col 3:16 “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to YAHWEH.”
Psa 95:2 “Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.”
Together in the almighty powerful name of YAHWEH Yahshua we shall prevail in casting down the rulers of the darkness of this world and spiritual wickedness in high places. It says we will prevail over the gates of hell.
Psa 149:4-6 “For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation. Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds. Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand;…”
First Century Founders of our Celtic(Hebrew) Choir
Our choir was founded in the first century by Saint Ilid. He was one of the “men of Israel” who accompanied the British King Bran on his return from Rome. Ilid, in the “Genealogy of the Saints,” is said to have converted many of the Cymry to the Christian faith. In the “Genealogy of Iestyn ab Gwrant,” he is represented as having arrived from Rome at the request of Eurgain, the daughter of Cardoc, and as having become chief instructor of the Cymry in the Christian faith. He is said to have regulated or systemized a choir of twelve saints, which she had established near the church, afterwards called the church of Illtud, and to have subsequently retired to the Isle of Avalon (Glastonbury), where he died, and was buried.
If you are to pray in covenantal understanding with us, you will know the Judean, Aaronic and Israelite ancestry of the Celts. You’ll be singing with those who stand for theh original church built by Christ that this refers to. Standing together with the first century celtic culdee church built by Yahshua and the early apostles in Great Britain. Start your day out right united in prayer and song with your Celtic Culdee global choir ring! For more information on our ancient heritage as Culdee Hebrew Priests contact email@example.com.
Some suggested readings are:
“Celt Druid and Culdde”, by Isabel Elder
“The Celtic Church in Britain”, by Leslie Harding
For your edification we’re including thirty five of the more well known and confirmed founders of our Celtic choir in Britain. As is taken from official histories.
1.St. Joseph, the Apostle of Great Britain, received twelve hides of Glastonbury from King Avarigus (cousin of Caractacus). After the death of Aristobulus (Bishop of Britain)AD58, St. Joseph of Arimathea was re-consecrated by St. Philip, now with the title “Chief Priest in Britain”. St. Paul joined St. Joseph in Britain, starting in the year 60AD. First Century Welsh, Judean, Persian, Egyptian, Spanish and Roman records describe his exploits commanding the Nazarene Galilean and Essenic “blue tunic army”, or the Culdee Priesthood. His coat of arms form the St. George Cross of Great Britain. Morgan’s history said after being exiled to Gaul with Lazarus and Mary Magdelene, he was joined by forty more from Jerusalem before setting sail to Britain. Alfwold’s history (authenticated by Vatican manuscripts of the archives retrieved by Emperor Theodosius at the palace of Pilate at Jerusalem) says Joseph came with six hundred companions upon a ship built by King Solomon together with the duke of the Medes, called Nacianus, formerly baptized by Joseph in the city Saram, with the king of it, called Mordraius, who valiantly killed a king of North Wales, who held Joseph prisoner, after which he and his companions preached in the area, and were granted the twelve hides by King Avarigus. Comm. Aug 31.
2. St. Andrew the Holy Apostle is one of the most well known saints of Britain (and Scotland). His assistant was Aristobulus, the first Bishop of Britain. The Scottish Declaration of Arbroath records St. Andrew as directly converting the Scottish nation to Christianity (as was delivered to the Vatican with the seals of all the Barons during the wars of Robert the Bruce, William Wallace, Edward I, and the third overturn of the Stone of Scone, King David’s literal throne). The Eastern Orthodox claim St. Andrew has precedence because he was the first Apostle chosen by Jesus (Yahshua). Comm. Nov 30.
3. St. James the just, the brother of Jesus, Flavius Dexter, quoting the ecclesiastical Benedictine historian, Cressy, in his "Church History of Brittany," states: "In the one and fortieth year of Christ (A.D.41) St. James, returning out of Spain, visited Gaule and Britain."
Other records confirm this date of his first visit to Britain, and some records claim he was present at the death of Mary at Avalon(Glastonbury), A.D.48. James was the first Bishop of Jerusalem, calling together the first Apostolic Church there. This is the first Council of the Appointed on record. The next Council wasn’t called together until Constantine the Great, three hundred years later.
4. St. Bran the Blessed was born in Judea, and was a high King of Britain. He was consecrated by St. Paul as Bishop of Siluria, replacing his title of ArchDruid. “the St. Ynys Prydain, or Pedigrees of the Saints of Britain” agrees with the Welsh Triads in attributing the first introduction of Christianity to Bran. (The Ecclesiastical Antiquities of the Cymry; Or the Ancient British Church, J. Williams, M.A., Rector of Llanymowddwy.) He married Joseph’s daughter Anna, founding another Levitical line for Celtic priests. Comm. on numerous 3rd-5th Century Saints festivals.
5. St. Nacianus, duke of Medes was baptized by Joseph in the city of Saram, with the king of it, called Mordraius. He valiantly killed a king of North Wales, who kept Joseph a prisoner. He assisted Josph in his preaching efforts in the time of Arviragus." (Brit. Eccl. Antiq. p. 8, &c. Alford.)
6. St. Arwystli Hen (Aristobulus the old), one of the seventy elders. He is called a “man of Italy” in the Welsh Triads, as coming over together with King Bran’s company from Rome to Britain. Paul also saluted him in his epistle to the Romans. He was sent as an apostle to the Britons and was the first bishop in Britain, and is buried at Glastonbury. Comm. Mar. 15.
7. Saint Anna of Arimathea the Prophetess, daughter of Joseph, of the Levitical/Aaronic lines of Zadok. Feastday: March 17
8. St. Genuissa, daughter of Joseph of Arimathea, married King Arvarigus, and is ancestress of a long line of Welsh (Hebrew) Saints.
9. St. Simon Zelotes the Holy Apostle “..traversed all Mauritania, and the regions of the Africans, preaching Christ. He was at last crucified, slain, and buried in Britain (St. Dorotheus, Synod. The Seventy Apostles; “the Synopsis” ad Sim Zelot.) One Menology assigns the martyrologies of Zelotes to Persia in Asia, but others agree in stating he was martyred in Britain. Of these the principal authority is Dorotheus, Bishop of Tyre during the reigns of Diocletian and Constantia (300 CE). He visited Britain and traversed to Caistor, modern-day Lincolnshire where he was martyred. Comm. Oct. 28.
10. St. Lazarus of Bethany, first bishop of Gaul, (Marseilles)
Lazarus’ life is identified at Avalon(Glastonbury) in the Celtic MSS, known as The Triads (Laws) of Lazarus. (Capgrave, De Sancto Joseph ab Arimathea, quoting ancient manuscript and the Book of the Holy Grail, quoted in Jowett 163) “And it was from here that Lazarus, returned to Gaul, the area of Provence, France with Mary and Martha.” In the ancient church records of Lyon it states, ‘Lazarus returned to Gaul from Britain to Marseilles, taking with him Mary Magdalene and Martha. He was the first appointed bishop. He died there seven years later.’ (Jowett, George F. The Drama of the Lost Disciples, Covenant Publ., Co, 8 Blades Court, Deodar Road, London SW15 2NU, 1961, 1993, pg 164) Comm. Jul. 29
11. St. Philip the Holy Apostle, brought and sent many missionaries to and from Britain, from his base in Gaul(France), at Chartres the ancient Druidic headquarters. Having been banished together with Lazarus, James, and Joseph on boats, eventually landing at Marseilles where now lay the tombs of St. Mary, Margaret and Lazarus. He consecrated Joseph of Arimathea as Bishop of Britain, upon the death of Aristobulus. Cardinal Baronius wrote:
"We have said in our notes to the Roman Martyrology that, 'to the
Galatians' must be corrected in the place of 'to the Gauls'[Modern France]." (ie early French St. Epiphanius, A.D. 315-40. More confirmable references in “Drama of the Lost Disciples” by Jowett) Comm. May 1.
12. St. Peter the Holy Apostle, History records at least three visits of Peter to Britain. On his last visit St. Peter appeared on the very spot where once stood the old British church of Lambedr (St. Peter’s), where stands the present Abbey of St. Peter, Westminster. The legends on public display at St. Peter’s at Cornhill relate to us the historic founding of the church by King Lucius in honour of Peter’s ministry efforts at Britain. Peter was expelled from Rome by Claudius in 40AD, where he returned to his family and fellow exiles in Great Britain. Comm. June 29.
13. St. Linus was a son of Cardoc, and Grandon of Bran. Linus the Prince of the Silures opted to stay in Rome after his father’s parole ended. He was consecrated by St. Paul and St. Peter as the first Bishop of Rome. Comm. Sept. 23.
14. St. Paul the Holy Apostle. Paul intimately mentioning the British Royal family members in his letters, and numerous records exist of his residence in Siluria, and burial at Glastonbury. The great historian Venerable Bede recorded Paul’s burial. Get the extensive book “St. Paul in Britain” by R.W. Morgan. Comm. Nov. 26.
15. St. Eigra (AKA Eurgain) of Llan Ilid, was sister of Caractacus and wife of Salog, Lord of Caer Salog (Salisbury), the first female St. in Britain (Morgan, History of Great Britain). She founded the first Christian choir at Llan. From this choir (or Cor-Eugain) issued many of the most eminent teachers and missionaries of Christianity down to the tenth century, as catalogued in “Genealogies of the Saints of Britain”, listing from “Illid the Hebrew”, St. Illid, who came with Bran the Blessed from Rome at the request of Eurgain to be the chief instructor of the choir. She is ancestor of St. Helen (mother of Constantine) and feast date is June 29th.
16. St. Rufus Pudens married the British princess Claudia (Gladys). His home in Rome was called Palatium Britannica, also the previous residence of British royals, and house of worship. Father of Praxedes and Pudentiana. He was clothed with baptism by the apostles, and watched and kept is robe pure and without wrinkle to the crown of a blameless life. Comm. May 17.
17. St. Pudentiana, the virgin, of the most illustrious descent, daughter of Pudens, and disciple of the holy apostle St. Paul. Comm. May 17.
18. St. Trophimus was sent to Gaul by Joseph and, under the direction of Philip, replaced Martha at Arles. He was consecrated the first Bishop of Arles and there performed an outstanding service. He was energetic, practical and an intelligent organizer. His Christianizing endeavours embraced a large area which formed the district of Narbonne. He became the first Metropolitan of the Narbonne, with Arles as his Bishopric. For centuries it continued to be a prominent stronghold of the Chrisian faith in Gaul.
19. St. Mary Magdelene of Bethany was named among the twelve companions who arrived with Joseph at Glastonbury. As we have seen, Trophimus joined with Martha at Arles, where she later left for Tarascon. Maximin is described as joining with Mary Magdalene at Aix where both spent out their
life. Both died a natural death. Maximin was the first Bishop of Aix, and there are found numerous memorials and relics of Maximin, and particularly of Mary Magdalene. The area is saturated with her memory. Mary's classic beauty and her rich voice, extolled in reverence and pleasure by all who knew her, endeared her so deeply to the hearts of the people among whom she laboured that she was adored as a Saint before she died. Her undying devotion to her Lord throbbed through her teachings of the Word. The most hardened soul melted to her preaching, and she converted, as we are told, 'multitudes to the faith'. The ancient documents resound with her glory. Comm. Jul. 22.
20. St. Ilid one of the “men of Israel” who accompanied Bran on his return from Rome. Ilid, in the “Genealogy of the Saints,” is said to have converted many of the Cymry to the Christian faith. In the “Genealogy of Iestyn ab Gwrant,” he is represented as having arrived from Rome at the request of Eurgain, the daughter of Cardoc, and as having become chief instructor of the Cymry in the Christian faith. He is said to have regulated or systemized a choir of twelve saints, which she had established near the church, afterwards called the church of Illtud, and to have subsequently retired to the Isle of Avalon (Glastonbury), where he died, and was buried.
21. St. Cyndav was named in the welsh triads of the saints chronicle him as a “man of Israel” who accompanied King Bran, Mawan, Ilid, and others who returned from Rome as a missionaries to Britain.
22. St. Mawan, son of Cyndav, is chronicled as a “man of Israel” who accompanied King Bran, Cyndav, Ilid, Hid, and others who returned from Rome as a missionaries to Britain.
23. St. Mansuetus, a Caledonian Briton ; disciple of St. Peter at Rome,
and afterwards bishop of Toul in Lorrain. Comm. Sept. 3. Died
A. D. 89.
24. St. Pontius Pilate was a British educated Roman ruler of Judea. Shortly after the crucifixion became a Confessor, St. and martyr of the church he helped found in England. In the Acts of Pilate or Gospel of Nicodemus are his letters and interactions with the British Royal family, and Joseph of Arimathea. His long association with Joseph of Arimathea stretched back to when Joseph was in the Roman army for seven years, of which he achieved the rank of “de curio”. His comm. June 15.
25. St. Claudia, a daughter of Caractacus, and the wife of Pudens. Comm. Aug. 7. Died at Sabinum, a city of Umbria in Italy A. D. 110.
26. St. Phagan ; successor to Joseph in his Prefecture at Glastonbury.
27. St. Sidonis, together with Saturnius, and Cleon taught and supported other missionaries in Gaul, then returned to Britain.
28. St. Parmena, a disciple of Joseph, was appointed first Bishop of Avignon.
29. St. Drennalus, helped Joseph found the church at Morlaix. He was then appointed to Treguier as its first Bishop.
30. St. Beatus was born of noble parents in Britain and at the school of Avalon was converted and baptized. He became a missionary to the Helvi in the mountain of modern Switzerland and became the founder of the Helvetian church. His death occurred in the cell, still shown at Underseven, on the Lake of Thun, in AD 96. (Theatre. Magn. Britan., lib. vi. p. 9).
31. St. Mansuetos was born in Hibernia and in his youth was sent to the schools of Britain. There he was converted and baptized in Avalon and was later sent from Rome with Clement (Clementus Romanus) to preach the Gospel in Gaul. “He founded the Lotharingian Church, fixing his mission at Toul, where after extending his labors to Illyria. He was eventually martyred in 110 CE.” ( Pantaleon, De Viris Illus. Germaniae, pars. I; Guliel. Eisengren, cent. 2, p. 5; Petrus Mersaeus, De Sanctis German.; Franciscus Gulliman, Helvetiorum Historia, lib. i. c. 15; Petrus de Natalibus, Episcop. Regal. Tallensis.)
32. St. Marcellus, a noble Briton, was also converted at Avalon and later sent as a missionary to the region of Tongres. He was the founder of the early Christian Church in Gaul and appointed its bishop at Treves. This church and diocese for many centuries was the chief church and authority in the early Gallic church.
33. St. Cyllin Caradog ab Bran Fendigaid, lived at the close of the first century and is accredited as the first to normalize naming of infants in wales, where before the practice was to name after maturity and faculties developed.
34. St. Beatus, who was converted in Britain, received his education at Avalon (Glastonbury) afterwards a disciple of St. Peter at Rome. Was baptized by St. Barnabas, the brother of Aristobulus, sent in advance by St. Paul to Britain. He is refered to in Scripture as Joses, the Levite. His first name was Suetonius. He became the apostle of the Helvetians. Comm. May 9. Died A. D. 110, at Underseven in Helvetia.
35. St. Dyfan, comm. April 8th.
The vast histories of saints in England that predated Augustine’s arrival are documented in more of a long form from a plethora of historical authorities. Each of these in short form have been totally accepted in all mainstream circles of Christianity.
This list is taken from official martyrologies of all churches combined into one. Also from incontrovertible histories recorded in the ancient Welsh Triads and confirmed in the Celtic bards. That is in addition to the many Roman, Eastern Orthodox, and Celtic rite calendars and histories that are carefully recorded and accepted worldwide in numerous mainstream circles as quoted from the highest credible historians.
Many of these British based Saints are honoured worldwide for their work in Britian before Augustine. To prove this, more than 500 foreign churches on the Continent were already dedicated these British Church leaders before before Augustine ever visited England. Today’s Greek and Eastern Orthodox observances have far more first and second century British in their Calendars than Rome, yet the Welsh, British and Irish calendars have kept Rome on track to honour a good portion of these still up until today.
The early church councils had on numerous occasions inferred that Britain had supremacy over other churches, who only considered the Pope of Rome as an equal Bishop. All Papal bulls made with England (in example for Glastonbury, only reaffirmed the earlier texts originating from Glastonbury, without adding anything). This list does not include the hundred or so Irish saints which also predate Augustine, (as in the Martyrologies of Ignus the Culdee). We’re also not (yet) including a great number of the Welsh saints from 1-6th centuries.
This short version of Celtic Saints is compiled by the Reverend Stephen Michael, a Hebrew Culdee, written for the edification of other Clerics of the Culdee at Glastonbury and abroad for the honour of our one true original church that has pre-eminence over all other pretended authorities.
It is with much regret that under limited resource, about 200 other pre-7th Century Celtic saints have not been catalogued in this first version. However we have a “long version” project underway which will include these for an explanded 500 Celtic Saints before Augustine! That will include not only the Irish catalogs, and the Welsh, but also from the earlier Celtic onclaves of Gaul. The purchases and negotiations for such manuscripts, as well as able translators are currently in process of being acquired.
A communion or missionary bond is welcomed for a joint projects between the various branches of the Celtic Culdee, whether Irish, Scottish, English, Welsh, Gaulic, or scattered among the nations under other names as it was prophetically foretold of our Hebrew priesthood that was setup by Jeremiah (in cira 500BC) at Ireland.